- Ninth edition of Global Exhibitions Day to be celebrated on Wednesday 5 June 2024
- Theme to highlight sustainability efforts from across the industry along four key pillars
- Everyone invited to celebrate and help increase visibility of the exhibitions industry
The ninth edition of Global Exhibitions Day (GED) will be held on Wednesday 5 June 2024 under the theme “Exhibitions are catalysts to sustainable futures”. Celebrated annually on the first Wednesday of June, all interested in increasing the visibility of the exhibitions industry regionally and on a global scale are invited to participate.
The GED 2024 theme reinforces the role of exhibitions as platforms to bring people together face-to-face to connect, collaborate on global solutions aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and drive progress for economies worldwide.
Key Campaign Pillars
Four key messages underpin this year’s theme, including:
- Exhibitions drive progress: Exhibitions are platforms to discuss, create and showcase solutions to our universal challenges.
- Exhibitions facilitate economic growth: Exhibitions are engines of economic growth, connecting industries and driving job creation.
- Exhibitions are sustainable: Exhibitions are a sustainable way to drive business and development, gathering communities in one place and managing our environmental impact.
- Exhibitions connect people: Exhibitions are community builders, bringing people together face-to-face to connect, collaborate and contribute.
UFI President, Geoff Dickinson, comments: “The significance of this year’s Global Exhibitions Day theme on sustainability cannot be overstated. Exhibitions are indeed catalysts to sustainable futures, and the time is now for us to come together as an industry on 5 June 2024 to show that. I look forward to celebrating GED 2024 and invite all my colleagues and friends from around the world to do the same.”
Facilitated by UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, all businesses and professionals in the sector are encouraged to join GED celebrations on 5 June 2024 by highlighting the impact of exhibitions on local economies – both in building businesses and connecting people from around the world.