15,000 in-person and online attendees are expected across three days
The 4th edition of the Industrial Transformation ASIA-PACIFIC (ITAP) 2021 will return this year from 22-24 November at the Singapore EXPO. With over 100 exhibitors and eight country and industry pavilions from 50 countries, ITAP 2021 is expected to be the largest in-person trade exhibition in Singapore since the pandemic began. It is also a pilot event that will implement the necessary Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures + Test (VDS+Test) protocols. Guest-of-Honour, Deputy Prime Minister Mr Heng Swee Keat, will deliver an opening address at Singapore EXPO on the first day.
He will be joined by German Ambassador to Singapore His Excellency Mr Norbert Riedel and ITAP’s international partner Deutsche Messe’s Chief Executive, Dr. Jochen Köckler. They will be giving their welcome remarks in-person and virtually ‘live’ respectively. About 15,000 attendees both in-person and online are anticipated for the three-day hybrid event. This year’s ITAP also features over 150 content sessions by more than 120 speakers to discuss the latest in manufacturing technologies, key industry developments, strategic regional developments, and regional government initiatives on Industry 4.0 (I4.0).
An opportunity to meet industry counterparts face-to-face
Visitors to the physical event can expect exhibitions and activities such as the Gateway to I4.0, the I4.0 Experience Zone, watch open mic presentations (Industry Connect Live Talks) by the Whole-of-Government (WOG) pavilion, visit over 100 I4.0 physical showcases as well as eight country and industry pavilions. The Gateway to I4.0 powered by TÜV SÜD is a gallery showcase that will provide a hands-on demonstration about the transformative outcomes of practical application before applying it on their own business.
The I4.0 Experience Zone, powered by Singapore Polytechnic (SP), is where visitors can enter the Experience Room and observe the vast and diverse possibilities that 5G and Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) technologies will bring to Advanced Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 through Augmented Reality technology. As part of the zone, visitors will also get to have a live 5G experience with industry use cases and observe live demos of remote field assistance and robotic arms.
The exhibitions are divided into four categories:
- Additive Manufacturing, featuring Integrated industrial 3D printing solutions
- Digital Factory, featuring Integrated processes and IT solutions
- Industrial Automation, featuring Factory and processes automation and System
- Intralogistics, featuring Smart logistics and supply chain management solutions
Attendees to the physical exhibition will get to meet a diverse variety of exhibitors in
the Industry 4.0 ecosystem such as:
- Allied Vision, offering advanced, customisable digital camera solutions for
computer vision and image processing across a broad spectrum of industries.
- Battery Asia Pte Ltd, a leading industrial battery and charging provider
showcasing solutions for cleaner energy in alignment with Singapore Green
- Chemtron Pte Ltd, showcasing cost-effective metal 3D printing systems that
requires no dedicated operator and minimal PPE.
- Dehn, a leading workplace safety provider offering solutions for Lightning and
Surge Protection, and Electrical Safety equipment.
- Iobeya, focusing on seamless integration and digitalisation of performance
management dashboards to aid companies in their I4.0 transformation.
- Phaos Technology, an advanced optics technology startup based in Singapore
developing technologies beyond optical limits and striving to make nanoscopes at a fraction of the cost of expensive microscopes.
- Servo Dynamics, who are looking to revolutionize warehouse management
from a traditional warehouse to an Agile Automated Storage and Retrieval
System (aASRS) with AI, IoT and various advanced technologies.
- SiTA Consortium, the Smart i4.0 Transformation Alliance providing a solution
ecosystem for manufacturing excellence in the smart factory; and
- Temasek Polytechnic, whose students will be showcasing their R & D solutions
supporting the advancement of I4.0 in Singapore.
A refreshed digital experience for content and partnerships
Exhibitors and visitors on the physical show floor will also be able to maximise their participation and engagement with online attendees through the event platform ITAP CONNECTED. The platform provides online attendees with a comprehensive exhibition e-showcase and networking opportunities through AI-powered business matching. They can also look forward to a Digital Sandbox where country partners will share insights, case studies and perspectives on how I4.0 solutions transform businesses, as well as explore potential partnership and collaboration opportunities. Key focus areas include supply chain resilience, workforce development issues, digital transformation, sustainability and advanced manufacturing. The Digital Sandbox will also feature a virtual I4.0 factory walk-through.
Access to industry leaders and experts
Attendees on the all-access Conference pass can enjoy over 150 sessions at the
Industrial Transformation Forum, Future of Manufacturing Summit, and the Standards
- At the Industrial Transformation Forum (ITF), attendees will hear from global business/tech leaders from key industry sectors on I4.0 values and opportunities in the areas of advanced manufacturing, supply chain and sustainability. This is an opportunity to get the perspective of these leaders and how they leveraged on I4.0 to drive changes and strategic initiatives within their organisations.Notable speakers at the ITF include Francisco Betti, Head of the Platform for Shaping the Future of Advanced Manufacturing and Production at the World Economic Forum. The Platform helps global leaders anticipate the impact of I4.0 technologies on manufacturing and value chains. He will be sharing his thoughts on whether the outlook for Advanced Manufacturing in Asia Pacific is on course.
- The Future of Manufacturing Summit (FoM) is designed to support industrywide efforts in encouraging greater receptivity and adoption of I4.0. The Summit features experts who will address the complexity of and how to overcome challenges in I4.0 adoption. One of the speakers at the FoM is May Yap, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Jabil, a worldwide manufacturing services company. May is responsible for transforming Jabil into a cognitive and digitised organisation that is aligned to I4.0 standards. She will join a panel discussion on sustainability and transformation priorities in manufacturing.
- The Standards Forum brings together experts to share insights on how adopting standards can help companies accelerate their I4.0 journey and strengthen their cybersecurity and connectivity capabilities. Hear from keynote speakers at the Forum such as Dr. Jens Gayko, Managing Director of the Standardisation Council Industrie 4.0. Dr. Gayko brings with him a wealth of experience having worked for the German Commission for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies since 2010 and being involved with a number of international activities in the area of smart manufacturing.
- Dr.Gayko will be giving a keynote presentation of Germany’s experience in I4.0 enabled by standards.
For the first time, ITAP 2021 will also be partnering with the region’s leading supply chain trade events – LogiSYM 2021 and CARGONOW 2021 – to harness crossindustry synergies. This collaboration is meant to drive knowledge sharing, capability and opportunity in Smart Logistics and Supply Chain Management Solutions.
Singapore EXPO’s largest in-person fully vaccinated trade event
As the largest in-person fully vaccinated trade event since the pandemic and a pilot event that will implement the necessary VDS+Test protocols, organiser Constellar will be taking comprehensive measures for safety and hygiene at ITAP 2021. All attendees will also be provided a tracking dongle for contact tracing and capacity monitoring and will be required to undergo daily ART testing regardless of vaccination status. ITAP has partnered with Raffles Medical Group (RMG) to provide complimentary ART testing at RMG clinics islandwide.
Interested personnel may sign up to participate here. For more information on ITAP 2021, please visit the official ITAP website.
Quotes by Key Exhibitors
“Recent circumstances have not allowed us to meet our customers and partners as much as we would like to, and ITAP allows us to reconnect with everyone and learn where they are on their digital journey. ABB has launched several new tools and solutions over the past year, and we are very excited to share that with the industry.” — Jerrica Chooi, Country Holding Officer, ABB Singapore
“Developments in AI, IOT and machine learning have advanced the field of automation. At ITAP 2021, Azbil will be showcasing some of our cutting-edge solutions for our customers.” — Anju Jaswal, Global Executive Member, Managing Director, Strategic Planning and Development Office for Southeast Asia, Azbil Corporation
“Challenges which we see faced by this industry is really about transformation, globalization, which now becomes regionalization and localization. this hybrid format is unique and makes ITAP a unique marketplace and market-making environment for MNCs, start-ups, consortiums, different academic institutions to come together to get inspirations, and we can start working on our transformation journey.” — Cecilia Ku, General Manager, Delta Electronics Int’l (Singapore).
“Cloud, AI, and digital twin are technology enablers as we come face to face with manufacturing 4.0. We look forward to share with attendees how we can help them to manufacture a more resilient and sustainable future.” — Melina Lee, Product Marketing Manager APAC, Microsoft