The Event & Entertainment sector which saw massive impact due to the Covid pandemic had now just started to see some green shoots before getting hit again due to the surging Covid cases
Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Shri Nitin Gadkari and the Event Industry Apex body EEMA met to discuss several issues faced by the Event and Entertainment sector. Event & Entertainment Industry body EEMA’s Government interaction committee led by its Executive Vice President Samit Garg along with Treasurer EEMA Major KJS Gurna, Zonal Vice President (North) Prerana Saxena and principal member EEMA Rajeev Jain called upon the long-awaited meeting with Minister Nitin Gadkari and talked about the performance of the sector.
The Event & Entertainment sector which saw massive impact due to the covid pandemic had now just started to see some green shoots before getting hit again due to the surging covid cases. The meeting also discussed the long-awaited Industry Status for the event businesses and the industry leaders have urged the Government to bring the policy as soon as possible to recognize the industry for strengthening the sector.
The other points of discussions included:
- Listing of Event Management as an exclusive category in the MSME NIC code list under Udyam Registration.
- Providing focused MSME guidelines and schemes for the Event industry businesses.
- Schemes offering working capital with collaterals at low and affordable interest rates for the sustainability and growth of the event industry.
- Fast track clearances of Government dues under the MSME Samadhaan – Delayed Payment Monitoring System.
- Minister MSME Nitin Gadkari assured EEMA that all the matters will be discussed, and actions will be taken soon.
Roshan Abbas, President, EEMA said, “EEMA has been working to make the government realize the value of what we do. And Shri Gadkari had promised to address our issues last at the EEMA Summit. We are glad he took time to understand the issue and has assured us of help. Now is the perfect time for event managers to join EEMA and strengthen us further.”
Adding to this, Samit Garg, Executive Vice President, EEMA said, “It was extremely encouraging to see the immediate response of the Hon’ble Minister and how he got the concerned office bearers together in no time to listen to us and address our requests. It was a day well spent between his residence and Udyog Bhawan and we are very upbeat about the expected outcome.”