- Over 100 attendees witness the landmark initiative
- Students get a wonderful platform to connect with the industry
- Event held on the sidelines of the Global Exhibitions Day
To connect youth with the MICE industry and to spread awareness about the career prospects available in our industry, Exhibition Showcase organised the first ever initiative of its kind in India – India MICE Youth Challenge, on 4th June 2019 at Amity University, Noida Campus (Delhi/NCR). Students from various colleges took part in the two competitions, i.e., Poster Making Competition (themed MICE) and Business Idea Presentation (MICE Specific). Top ten college teams in both the contests were shortlisted to present their entries on stage in front of the grand jury. The jury at IMYC19 included:
- Mr. Sandeep Gurwara, Managing Partner, Services International
- Mr. Nabjeet Ganguli, CMO, UBM India
- Mr. Sukhjinder Singh, Director, Infinity Expo
- Mr. Anand Nair, Director Project, Messe Dusseldorf India
- Mr. Gaurav Juneja, Director, Mex Exhibitions
- Ms. Aparna Bhargava, Regional Head, Messe Muenchen India
- Mr. Prashant Vats, ED, IPAMA
- Ms Renu Sharma, President, B&S Foundation
- Mr. Ishan Pandita, Additional Director, FICCI
- Mr. Jai Manish Sharma, Director, Expocentre Noida
- Mr. Chander Mansharamani, Vice Chairman, ICPB
- Mr. Amaresh Tiwari, MD, AT Seasons
- Mr. Jayanta Das, Sr. GM, ITPO
- Mr. Vipul Pandhi, Vice President – North, EEMA
- Mr. KJS Gurna, Treasurer, EEMA
Each shortlisted college team presented in front of the jury and the winners were decided on the basis of the cumulative scores of all jury members. A panel discussion titled – Career Opportunities in MICE Industry was also held alongside. The discussion revolved around the scope of MICE industry and what kind of opportunities does it present to the youth.
The students were grilled by some tough questions from the jury but finally the results were revealed. The winners at first IMYC19 were:
- Poster Competition: Winner – DCAC – Riya Khurana 1st Runner Up – Amity – Simran Marwah 2nd Runner Up – IITTM – Aakanhkya
- Business Presentation: Winner – IIT Delhi – Sidhant Sagar Team 1st Runner Up – IP University – Atul Jha 2nd Runner Up – MMIM Deemed University – Soafy Karine Team
The top three winners in Poster Competition were rewarded with Rs.7500, 5000/-, 2500/- while The top three winners in Business Presentation were rewarded with Rs.15000, 10000/- & Rs. 5000/ respectively. The winners were also given certificates. Some of the participants were also picked up for internships with various companies in the industry.
A special balloon releasing ceremony was held after the event. The occasion marked celebrations for the GED19 followed by Hi-Tea and refreshments for all the attendees.
Talking to Exhibition Showcase, Chander Mansharamani, Vice Chair, ICPB commented, “This is a commendable initiative for the growth of our industry. Our industry requires young people and IMYC will become a critical platform to connect youth with the industry.”
“I must congratulate the entire Exhibition Showcase team for organising this wonderful initiative. The youth should be made aware of our industry and such a platform was much needed to provide opportunities to the students who can opt to work in our industry,”said Aparna Bhargava, Regional Head, MMI.
“The students cannot ask for more. I would like to thank Exhibition Showcase and its my suggestion that this event should take place more than once every year,” Dr. Manohar Sajnani, Director, AITT.
In his closing remarks, Raghav Khosla, Group Editor, Exhibition Showcase said, “MICE is an economic enabler. Also, it is one of those industries which wholeheartedly welcomes the youth. Students from any discipline, any stream can become a part of our industry. I am pleased that our efforts to connect youth with the industry are being appreciated but our journey has only just begun and we will keep pushing till the time we reach out to every single college & its students in the country and they understand the significance of our sector. Our motive is also to have the attention of colleges, to get MICE related curriculum included in some of their programs.”